Do you have a bunch of of old, unused clothes taking up space in your closet? Longing to reclaim your space to make way for the latest fashion? Are your clothes unwanted by you, but still usable to others? If so, you should consider donating your clothes to a local donation center. Why should you donate your clothes and where should you take them? Keep reading our blog to find out why and where to donate used clothes in Bloomington.
Where to Donate Used Clothes in Bloomington
Why You Should Donate Your Used Clothes
Donating your used clothes to donation centers is a great way to contribute to helping your community! It also benefits the environment, as well as your own pocket book!
- Fills the need for clothing — By donating your clothes to a local donation center, you are helping meet the need for affordable clothing to those who aren’t able to afford clothes at retail price. Additionally, by donating specialty items such as winter clothing, athletic gear, etc… you are helping those who have need for a type of clothing that is essential for them.
- Recycles Clothing — Donating your clothes helps prolong their lifespan by keeping them out of landfills and incinerators. Donating clothes that may not be so usable anymore are still beneficial, because donation centers will recycle them so their materials can be reused for new items. Helping preserve our Earth’s natural resources!
- Tax Deduction — On top of all the good you’re doing for your community as well as the environment, you can also benefit by receiving a tax deductible receipt. Donation centers, such as Goodwill, will provide you with a tax deductible receipt in return for your donation. Helping you save money while also making a positive impact on your community!
Have we convinced you to donate your used clothes? That’s great to hear! But you may not know where to donate your used clothes in Bloomington. So where are some locations to drop off your items in Bloomington?
Drop off Locations in Bloomington
There are numerous locations to donate your used clothes in Bloomington:
Bloomington Thrift Shop Inc. – 220 S Madison St, Bloomington, IN 47404
- City Church Healing Hands Outreach Center – 1917 S Walnut St, Bloomington, IN 47401
Goodwill Store – 512 S College Mall Rd, Bloomington, IN 47401
- Goodwill Store – 1284 Liberty Dr, Bloomington, IN 47401
- My Sister’s Closet – 414 S College Ave, Bloomington, IN 47403
- New Hope Family Shelter – 301 W 2nd St, Bloomington, IN 47403
Opportunity House/Second Hand – 907 W 11th St, Bloomington, IN 47404
- Plato’s Closet Bloomington – 1145 S College Mall Rd, Bloomington, IN 47401
- Salvation Army Bloomington, Indiana – 111 N Rogers St, Bloomington, IN 47404
The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center – 115 N Rogers St, Bloomington, IN 47404
If there is a location that you know accepts donations and is not listed, please still donate your items to them.
Is Fire Dawgs a Drop Off Location for Used Clothes or Other Items?
No. Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is not a drop off location for used clothes or any other used items at any of our locations. However, we can come and pick-up your clothes and take them to the donations center following one of our services. But what services does Fire Dawgs provide in Bloomington?
What Services Does Fire Dawgs Junk Removal Help With in Bloomington?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a local owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from shed removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! But the best part? We also reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Making us the eco-friendly option for you!
Here is list of our most popular services in Bloomington:
- Above Ground Pool Removal in Bloomington
- Demolition in Bloomington IN
- Furniture Moving in Bloomington
- Hourly Moving in Bloomington
- Piano Removal in Bloomington
- And much, much more!
For a full list of all the services we offer, click here. Want to learn more about our pricing? Click here. Want a firm estimate on your service? Give us a call for a free, in person estimate to get you the price on your service!
Get Your Free, in Person Estimate Now!
Give our friendly customer service team a call and they’ll help you set up a free, in person estimate and answer any questions you may have! Dial us at 812-720-DAWG! Not able to call? No worries! Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us beforehand? Text us at 317-597-4744 to receive a fast and simple electronic estimate.
Curious to see what our team looks like in action? Follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see our Dawg Tough team in action. We hope we provided you with valuable information for where to donate used clothes in Bloomington and we hope to serve YOU soon!