Have you ever picked up a treadmill before? They are extremely heavy to move, and they are especially difficult and awkward to get down stairs. Are you in a situation where you are trying to figure out how to get rid of your unwanted exercise equipment? Is it stressing you out? We have some options to help you figure out how to dispose of old exercise equipment. Keep reading our blog to find how how to dispose of old exercise equipment!
How to Dispose of Old Exercise Equipment
First, you have to decide if you are able to transport or get it to a place that can be pick up easily — that is priority number one. Your weekly trash company will not come in your home or on your property to get items or move things for you, hence why you to find out if it’s movable ASAP. If it’s unmovable, here are a few options for you.
Tips for Getting it Out of Your Home
- Call a Junk Removal Company– Yes, we are a junk removal company. But, this is truly the easiest and least stressful option for getting rid of heavy exercise equipment. A good, professional junk removal company will have insured technicians who know how to remove your treadmill, weight bench, or other heavy exercise equipment without damaging your walls and floors. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about hospital bills from trying to get the treadmill, elliptical, or other piece of equipment down stairs or out doorways.
- Ask a Friend or Family Member– You always ask a friend or family member if he or she needs the exercise equipment. However, we’ve witnessed family feuds over family members trying to get a treadmill down some steep stairs, so be cautious whom you asked.
- Post it Online– You can definitely post your unwanted exercise equipment online or on social media. Here’s what you have to be prepared for though. Random strangers in your home, uninsured to move items in your home. If your property is damaged in the process of moving any items, you are unfortunately liable.
- Donate It– Some local charities will take WORKING exercise equipment. However, you will most likely have to transport it to the donation facility. Also, they will plug it in when you get there to make sure it is in working order. If it is not, you’ll have to dispose of it on your own. Make sure you call to check if the donation facility accepts working exercise equipment before you drive it there.
How to Dispose of Non-working or Broken Exercise Equipment?
- Your weekly trash company may or may not take exercise equipment on heavy trash days. You will need to reach out to your trash company to see if this is on option for you.
- You can lift it, load it, and drive it to a landfill yourself.
- Or, you can hire a junk removal company to do all the heavy lifting, loading, and recycling for you. Yes, recycling. At Fire Dawgs, we try to recycle as much as we can if we can’t donate items. This is a huge benefit of hiring us for exercise equipment removal.
How Can Fire Dawgs Help with Your Exercise Equipment Removal?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal can help with all your exercise equipment removal needs! We start every service by dispatching our two-person crew to your home. Our well-trained, screened, and certified crews are equipped with a 16 cubic yard mini dump truck, packed to the brim with the necessary tools and equipment to handle any exercise equipment you need removed from your home. On arrival, our crew chief will give you a final estimate on your equipment before moving it. Giving you the final word in your business decision in Fire Dawgs!
Then our team will work quickly and efficiently to remove your equipment and load it onto our truck! But the best part about our service? We reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items that we haul away! Meaning that if your equipment is still in usable condition, we’ll take it to a donation center for you! Making us the eco-friendliest way to get rid of your old exercise equipment! Have we tempted you to hire our services? Great! But are you curious about the cost of your service? We can help get you the price for your service with our free, in person estimates!
CALL NOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR ESTIMATE!
Give our friendly customer service team a call and they’ll help you set up a free, in person estimate and answer any questions you may have! Call us at 800-211-3294! Not able to get to a phone? No problem! Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us of your equipment before your service? Text us at 317-597-4744 to receive a fast and easy electronic estimate.
Want to see the work we do for our customers? Follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see our Dawg Tough team in action. We hope we provided you with valuable information for how do I get rid of old exercise equipment in and we hope to serve YOU soon!