Do have a need to remove your old hot tub, but aren’t interested in paying a company to do it for you? No worries! We understand everyone has different needs! Interested in finding out how to remove your hot tub yourself, but don’t know how? Keep reading to learn more about DIY Hot Tub Removal steps and procedures!
DIY Hot Tub Removal
- Before you get all excited and start wiping the dust off all your power tools, be sure to locate a power supply. The tools won’t do you much good if you don’t have a power source. If you need an extension cord, stores like Lowe’s will have them available for purchase.
- Make sure that you have a disposal solution in place. If you have a pickup truck, then you can probably make it work in two trips with a tarp and straps and just pay the disposal fee at the landfill.
- Locate the power relay box for the hot tub and make sure the power is off. If the hot tub still has juice when you start cutting then you’re gonna experience some electrical juice for yourself!
- Remove the hot tub cover and cover arm, if there is one.
- Remove all the side panels of the hot tub.
- Cut and remove all wiring and remove the power supply board from the hot tub.
- Loosen or cut all the pipes leading to the motors and remove motors from the hot tub.
- Break or cut all vertical supports of the hot tub.
- Use saw to cut hot tub into quarters. Cut any pipes holding pieces together.
- Cut or break the bottom frame and plastic tray.
- Pick up all tools.
- Sweep up around former hot tub site and truck
- Load into disposal unit and send the hot tub away!
For a demonstration on how to cut up a hot tub, watch the video below.
- You will be using electric tools and disconnecting electrical wiring around an object full of water.
- Ensure the tools, wires and cords stay out of water.
- Try not to stand in standing water in case a live wire comes in contact with the water.
- Ensure you have proper footing when lifting and cutting.
- It is recommended to wear eye glasses or goggles, gloves and a mask.
- Many hot tubs are made of or have fiberglass in them and can irritate the skin, eyes, nose and throat.
Do these warnings have you second guessing whether or not you should take care of your hot tub on your? Would rather have a team of trained, screened, and certified removers to take care of the risky business for you? Fire Dawgs Junk Removal offers our hot tub removal services to all our locations! We can remove hot tubs that are free standing, recessed, on decks, indoor, etc. — you name it, and we’ve removed it. All you have to do is let us know where the hot tub is, and we will have it gone fast! Interested in our help, but want to get an exact price on our service? We got you covered with our free. in person estimate!
Get an Estimate Today!
Give our customer service team a call and they schedule your hot tub removal and answer any questions you have along way! Call 1-800-211-3294 to get started! Unable to call? We’ve got you covered! Contact us on our website and we’ll give you a call at a time that is convenient for you! Want to give us a sneak peak of your hot tub? Send us pictures and videos anytime at 317-460-1398 to receive a quick and easy electronic estimate
Want to see how our team take care of hot tubs and other projects? Follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tik Tok to see our crews in action! We hope to earn your business and serve YOU soon!